Thank you for your interest in becoming a URJ Kesher Staff Member. We are always happy to meet new prospective staff members and we want you to know how important you are in the Kesher experience. Becoming a Kesher staff is more than just leading a Birthright Israel trip, it is an opportunity to be a mentor and role model and inspire a group of young adults as they discover their personal Jewish journey in Israel. We invest a lot of resources in our staff to make sure you have all the tools you need to be the best Madrichim possible and we expect that your role as Kesher Birthright staff will not end after the 10 day trip. The URJ has a young adult engagement strategy that highlights how we engage Birthright alumni upon returning from Israel and you as the staff on the bus are key in this strategy. We welcome you and encourage you to apply to staff a trip!
Below are the minimum qualifications for becoming a Kesher Staff Member:
- Must have previously traveled to Israel on an educational peer program other than Birthright Israel
- Work in experiential education including camps, Israel programs, or campus life in a leadership capacity
- Ability to attend an in-person staff training in New York City
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the Reform movement
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Preference will be given to those who have extensive experience in Jewish education and working with young adults in North America or Israel
To apply to staff a trip, fill out this application.
For questions about staffing a URJ Kesher trip, please email Rebecca Bigman.